Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Dark and Sinister Rise of Thrice-Weekly Comics

...I have, at some point in the last fortnight, lost my FLIPPING MIND.


That is - I took it upon myself (thinking mistakenly perhaps I was a figure of extreme brain activity and talent) to start a weekly webcomic. Not too difficult, you might scoff. ONLY I'M GOING TO DO TWO.


No, not two. Three. Just for a lark. To ease me into this diabolical shamble of a plan the midweek will, for a few weeks at least, be repeats. THEN IT WILL BEGIN. Soon I'll be shackled to the desk. Grunting like a shot dog crawling over rusty nails - my quivering hand sweaty palmed on graphics tablet pen. Fused to my mind the two STATIC in unbelievable GRINDING IMMOBILITY.


Jamella & Marmalad - Mondays


So the first one is about a jam slug. It was created one ecstatic morning at work, where for reason beyond reason my BETTER HALF and I decided that a jam slug would be the best possible thing we could create a world around. First two are below.


Crabcake/Flaubert - Alternating Wednesdays


In amongst the various follies and adventures of my 2011 daydream psychedelic Bristol mash I have rather let two of my most beloved projects slip gently and rather sadly to the wayside. NO MORE. I've picked them up, I've shaken them out. Crabcake will start repeating, and it'll take a jolly long time to get up to speed but I hope it'll generate some renewed interest because at the end of the run I'M GOING TO PRINT THE FUCKER.
That's right. The same goes with Flaubert - except the new stories will come much quicker and be printed much later on but gollyblimey it'll be a lark. Another project (if you're not aware) that was conjured by my more favourable quadrangle of self.


O's Time Tales - Fridays


Yeah. I've long since had an affair with traversing time. Glorious and a bit of a lark - eh wot? These'll come in three or four parts. And they'll be weird. Some of them will have jokes. Some won't - and they'll all concern time travel of some kind.


You can see all of this stuff AS IT HAPPENS on Wordpress.


Why if it isn't Harry Heston - Apejudge extraordinare and star of the original 2000ad fanzine Class of '79. Created by Jake Lynch & Stewart Crofts-Perkins with art by the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Flint. The magazine was a forerunner of Zarjaz, which I've just completed a five-pager for.... long may the fanzines roll!!


Yes yes yes - bark and whatfor. Doctor WTF 2012 is progressing very well, with a potential cover artist OF HIGH REGARD and a cameo from 2000ad characters! I'll share with you two sketches of the Doctor from two of the new artists from next year's issue: Filip Roncone and Trystan Mitchell
In Dr WTF 2011 news, the website was directing e-mails to a false address. So - I mean, if anyone ordered anything I didn't get it. Unfortunate, but it's working now so if you used it - do so again!

Will return - keep watching Wordpress and the Dr WTF Facebook page for live developments - !

O x

No comments:

Post a Comment